SELLING AND INSTALLING PELLET STOVES AND WOOD STOVES IN SAINT-ANDRÉ-AVELLIN
Located in the Papineau MRC, Chaleur Durable specializes in selling and installing wood and pellet stoves.
We service a territory that extends a 50km radius around the Saint-André-Avellin area.
Selling and installing wood and pellet stoves is our business!
Founded in 2010, our company is WETT (Wood Energy Technology Transfer) certified and we are members of the APC (Quebec’s association for heating professionals). We work within the residential, commercial and industrial sectors, and our owner also operates another company, Réfrigération RM : Founded in 2010, our company is WETT (Wood Energy Technology Transfer) certified and we are members of the APC (Quebec’s association for heating professionals). We work within the residential, commercial and industrial sectors, and our owner also operates another company, Réfrigération RM : http://refrigerationrm.com/.
For a few years now, wood has returned to the forefront for heating. This is due to the fact that fossil fuels used to power other types of heating, like gas and oil-fired furnaces, are being depleted. The last oil fields will end their operation around 2040. It is therefore becoming urgent to find solutions to this unavoidable situation. Wood is an answer! Heating equipment that uses this natural resource is becoming more and more effective, and less and less polluting. This has reached a point whereby wood was recently recognized as a renewable energy source, just like the sun or the wind…
While using fossil fuels emits greenhouse gases and causes global warming of the planet, wood is considered "carbon-neutral.” When trees grow, they use exactly the amount of CO2 that they will release when burned. This process does not release more CO2 than if the wood was naturally decomposing on the ground. In fact, using wood makes it possible to reduce CO2 emissions by 12 times when compared to oil, and by 6 times with respect to gas!
The advantages of wood:
Heating using wood comes with several significant advantages. It is also a renewable and abundant energy source that is usually available locally.
- Renewable energy that does not exacerbate greenhouse gas effects.
- Wood is more economical than electric heating or heating using fossil fuels, such as gas or oil.
- The initial cost of central heating using wood compared to an electrical installation can be recouped in less than 10 years.
- Wood is the cheapest kind of fuel.
- Wood heating using modern appliances is efficient: low fuel consumption, comfortable use, little pollution.
Some 30 years ago, the first pellet stoves were seen as the last technologies of a more simplistic era. No one could have predicted the importance of pellets to the future of heating.
When it comes to renewable energies, the first images that come to mind are the sun and the wind. However, plants are also a source of renewable energy and Quebec is fortunate to still be covered with forests, despite the many "clearcuts" that have swallowed a good portion of land. Since a lot of lumber is produced in the province, there is an abundance of “wood waste” which can be converted into… pellets.
A wood pellet is a small cylindrical stick of compacted fuel. It is mainly derived from compacting leftover “wood waste” at a sawmill, such as sawdust and chips.
At Chaleur Durable, we support the use of pellets from Lauzon Bois Énergétique Recyclé Inc., a local company in Papineauville. Lauzon is the largest producer of specialized pellets that are 100% made using Nordic hardwood in North America. These hardwood pellets boast the highest energy efficiency and the longest burning time on the market.
Advantages of wood pellets:
From an environmental point of view, wood pellets have many advantages:
- we are marketing scraps that are usually considered unwanted waste products.
- shaping the pellets is done without a chemical binder. Contrary to what one might be led to believe, there are no chemical agents in the pellets. The resin (lignin) that is naturally found in the wood is what acts as a binding agent, which gives the pellet greater strength, as well as clean combustion and superior heating performance.
- the high efficiency burning emits relatively clean smoke. Unlike slow-burning stoves, which are known for their significant contribution to smog, burning pellets in high-efficiency appliances reduces the amount of fine particles sent into the air by 12 times, as compared to the current Quebec standard. This means, 500 times fewer fine particles are emitted than with a traditional wood stove.
- Pellet furnace technology performs at 80-95% efficiency, depending on the equipment and operating conditions.
- For people who love to play in the earth: the ashes from wood pellets contain minerals and can be composted or used to enrich certain types of soil.
Choosing your equipment depends on your needs (basic heating or an additional heating source), on the area to heat, as well as on your budget.
From closed fireplaces to wood stoves, wood furnaces, and outdoor or indoor wood boilers - there is something for everyone! Different types of appliances are available depending on your home and specific requirements.
At Chaleur Durable we offer personalized delivery services. Our staff will deliver bags full of pellets to your home or to the location of your choice!
Contact us for more information or for a quote